Martin O’Neill says Ireland will attack Wales in bid to avenge rout
• ‘We’ve got to try and be more creative,’ says O’Neill
• Manager hits back at description of Ireland’s style as ‘primitive’
Martin O’Neill says he will send his Republic of Ireland team out to attack Wales in Dublin on Tuesday in the hope of atoning for last month’s embarrassing 4-1 defeat in Cardiff at the start of the countries’ Nations League campaigns.
The Irish restored a measure of confidence by keeping a clean sheet in Saturday’s 0-0 draw with Denmark but they mustered only one shot on target in that match and O’Neill knows they will have to demonstrate much more of a threat against Wales if they are to take the three points they need to climb off the bottom of the group. “We’ve got to try and be more creative if we can be,” said O’Neill. “We’ve got to try and use the ball in the final third and be confident on it. We are playing at home and need to get on the front foot as quickly as possible and try and dictate the game.
Continue reading...
No comments: